It is an open source, multi-cloud alternative to AWS Aurora.
- It is a database as a service company;
- Like Amazon Aurora, they separate storage and compute. We innovate on the storage tier in the cloud and reuse Postgres (for now) compute;
- Unlike Aurora, they can run on Azure, GCP, and your laptop;
- Unlike Aurora they connect your laptop environment to your cloud environment;
- Unlike Aurora they can branch and version databases;
- Unlike Aurora they leverage S3 to control costs;
- They are focused on postgres for now;
- They have experienced postgres committers. Looking to hire more;
- Details of how Aurora consensus works under various failure scenarios is murky;
- They intend to use simple modifications to well known consensus algorithms;
- They are 100% remote.
Zenith Labs is well-funded by the leading US VCs. Zenith raised $24M during Seed and Series A rounds.
Location: remote or relocation to Cyprus.
Team: 26 people in general, 13-15 ppl in Cyprus, 1 in Finland, Netherlands and the USA.
The Zenith team consists of PostgreSQL contributors and technologists on a mission to create a cloud-native database service for every developer. Zenith CEO is Nikita Shamgunov, co-founder of MemSQL / SingleStore.
Zenith board members include Leigh Marie Braswell (Founders Fund, former pm & early eng at scale.ai) and Quentin Clark (General Catalyst, former CTO of Dropbox and CVP at Microsoft).
- 3+ years of industry experience as SRE in technology as a service kind of company, database focus is a big advantage;
Cloud experience is a must;
Experience with Postgres, Linux, k8s, Ansible, GitHub is essential;
- Must have knowledge of Python or Go or Rust.
English: B2+ (all interviews are in English);
Depending on standards of the home country + health insurance.
1. Indigo interview;
2. Hiring Manager interview;
3. Technical SRE interview.