Surprise.com is fundamentally changing how people work, by engaging employees and providing impactful analytics to people operations professionals. To continue scaling our impact, we’re committed to hiring builders who are inspired by our team’s guiding principle: to derive a tremendous sense of purpose to make anything we touch to be the best it can be. To deliver on our very lofty goals, we need engineers with industry-defining talent and an unrestrained drive to deliver flawless results. This role offers tremendous opportunities to build a highly scalable, highly stable, easily-maintainable back-end architecture; to push the boundaries of fault-tolerant programming; and to work with a broad range of public and proprietary APIs. Video about the product.
Your typical day
— Designing and validation of the system architecture
— Recommend changes to project design concepts to improve efficiency
— Develop design specifications and other system-related documentation
— Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, and scalability of Java system architecture — Select apt design solutions and work alongside engineers to ensure the compatibility of system components
— Provide technical guidance and support the development of systems
— Identify system data, hardware, and software components required to meet user needs — Convey architectural solutions to all levels of professionals and leaders
— Ensure compliance with established architecture, design patterns, policies, standards, and best practices
— Design, develop, implement, and maintain a series of programs, subsystems, revisions, and enhancements of the current system
- 7+ years experience in the software development industry;
- 2+ years as Architect;
- Experience developing backend architecture, including designing and implementation of CI/CD pipelines;
- Knowledge of either languages: Python, Ruby, Java
- Technical proficiency in the scaling, security, and performance of enterprise applications, preferably with previous experience in consumer products;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal;
- At least Upper-intermediate English
Lviv or Kyiv office, relocation is appreciated.
Ready to send the CV?