Covantis is being developed by the commodities trading and shipping industry with the goal to create more efficiency and value for the entire industry. We do that by using forward-thinking technology to replace archaic and redundant processes with modern solutions. We are building a secure digital platform that will minimize operating risks while increasing market efficiency for all the industry players. Our diverse team is made up of some of the best agri commodity experts and software engineers, determined leaders and compassionate innovators, united by our desire to solve complex problems in simplifying the global supply chain. Covantis platform is live in production adopted by some of the largest companies in the industry, and our team is growing as we expand globally to deliver more value to our customers.
What you will do
As a senior front-end engineer at Covantis, you will work as the member of Scrum team on Covantis platform to develop and improve features that directly address real-life problems in the supply chain operations.
- Be involved in all phases of software development life cycle: analysing business/system requirements or user stories, providing estimates, designing solutions, developing new features or changes to existing features, writing tests, fixing bugs/defects.
- Participate in design discussions and help others through code reviews and knowledge sharing.
- Help elevate the front-end skills of the team through technical mentorship.
- Work with the design team to create user-interfaces that are easy to comprehend, performant and reliable using modern tools like React, Jest and Webpack.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering and 4 years of experience in developing web apps with a component-based JS framework.
- Expertise in React.
- Familiar with current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, security and usability.
- Strong advocate for testing and have familiarity with testing frameworks such as Jest, Jasmine, Karma or MochaJS.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with backend engineers to define APIs and data models.
- knowledge of front-end development tools such as pre-processors, task runners, bundlers, etc.
Scrum team structure: Lead, 2 Front End Devs, 2 Back End Devs, 1 Manual QA, 1 Automation QA, Product Owner.
Covantis team: 80+ people
- Vacation - 5 weeks
- Annual bonus based on performance - 10-15% of annual salary
- Healthcare 20EUR net per months
- Lunch allowance 5EUR net per day