As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base PlanLife Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & MoreCatered Lunches & Well-stocked KitchensYoga & Wellness ActivitiesHappy HoursCompany EventsDog Friendly
We are looking for a highly creative and methodical senior level designer with an expertise and focus on world building and layout to join us on one of the highest profile IPs in the world. Do you love the idea of designing & building isometric adventure themed levels using high resolution, best in class 2D tilesets, sprites, and 3D characters? Are you fascinated by the idea of helping create a living digital world with beautiful flora and fauna which can help teleport the player to places they’ve only seen in the movies? Are you capable of taking something from a concept brief into a fully realized layout complete with quests, NPCs, cutscenes and narrative, by collaborating across all disciplines on the development team, AND hitting deadlines? If the answers to the above questions are yes, yes, and yes, we’d love to hear from you!
**Qualified applicants will be expected to show samples of work and complete a basic layout test.
- As a senior member of the team focused on layout and world building, you will create engaging game content — adventure themed levels, object placement, balancing mechanics and more.
- With input and oversight from the game’s vision holders, you and the game team will transform your great game ideas into an epic mobile experience.
- Cooperation, collaboration, and creativity are key in this role. You will work closely with narrative, design, and art leadership to create content that is on-design and on-brand.
- Working with the game’s narrative team, you will develop the level layout, scenario creation, world building, event scripting, entity placement, pacing, balancing, and game-play tuning.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers and designers to assist in the development, realization, and improvement of tools for the level design process.
- Build relationships on the development team to facilitate idea generation and feature implementation.
- Update the associated game design documentation, contribute to documenting level design best practices for the project.
- Minimum 4 years of experience doing level design and development (console and/or casual mobile space).
- Familiarity with level design and art pipelines.
- Sound understanding of overall game design, storytelling, game mechanics, level flow, pacing etc.
- High degree of familiarity with Unity and other map designing and editing packages.
- Excellent planning skills, with the ability to previz layouts from paper to game.
- Experience and love of working in visually stunning 2D isometric environments.
- Excellent visualization skills combined with good spatial and layout design instinct.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Capable of leveraging mobile device constraints into advantages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in large teams and stick to tight schedules.
NICE TO HAVE
- Understanding of current trends in the mobile casual space.
- Previous design experience on an invest express or adventure mobile title.
- Familiarity with scripting languages or other technical skills related to game development.
- Experience with Agile, working in sprints, using JIRA, and Google Docs/Sheet/Slides.
- Passion for bringing existing IPs to further detailed life.