Primary Responsibilities include:
● Plan, coordinate, and lead complex, intertwined, deployments of major product releases,
patches, and changes as a champion for Change Management.
● Coordinate the release schedule and resources required with customers, stakeholders and multiple software teams.
● Collaborate with your peers across the organisation to remediate customer escalations, incidents, or dependent release activities. Following up on action items in order to
prevent similar issues in future releases.
● Schedule the release readiness reviews before deployment and milestone reviews after each release.
● Make improvements in the methodologies used for release management and improve the continuous release process.
● Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications lists, and dependencies.
● Ensure risks, impediments, and blockers are proactively identified, documented, and
mitigated in the continuous effort to assess critical paths and dependencies.
● Ability to consistently deliver on deadlines and on time
● Ability to communicate and work closely with the project managers, application development and testing teams to update release-related information
● Work with Product Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
● Develop KPIs to track the efficacy of the release process and release delivery efforts
● Schedule the CAB meetings to discuss the release schedules with the team and resolve conflicts, if any
● Serve as Scrum Master for DevOps/SRE team
● Facilitate & Coordinate DevOps/SRE collaboration to ensure sprint commitments are met.
● Identify and control risks in advance and make suggestions to the team about how to mitigate against risks.
● Communicate effectively across all parts of the enterprise, including with senior leadership. Represent the team in the Scrum of Scrums and coordinate with other
Experience and Skills required:
● 3+ years experience working as Release Manager/RTE or similar positions in Agile environment
● Be a subject matter expert in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CD/CI) pipelines, demonstrate a deep understanding of software release lifecycle, release road
map, and CI/CD approaches.
● Experience using Jira and Confluence or similar tools.
● Building strong relationships with stakeholders and teams around the organization.
● Excellent communication skills – tailoring communications to suit a mix of audiences and ability to translate strategy into measurable business benefits
● You are experienced in operating autonomously and remotely leading large-scale efforts
across multiple teams and functions, with stakeholders in different disciplines across time zones.
● Have a proven ability to be able to take a ‘big picture’ delivery and project management
view as well as being able to work at a detailed level across a broad range of contract types and engagement approaches
● You have a thorough understanding of Scrum methods and have a genuine interest in expanding your expertise in this area.