We're looking for an experienced backend engineer with networking experience to join our team to oversee the development of tools required to operate the existing services offered by Windscribe, as well as spearhead a separate project in the context of the Windscribe ecosystem.
- At least 4 years of backend development experience
- At least 2 years of Golang development experience
- Good fundamental networking knowledge (i.e., experience with network dumps using tools like wireshark, good understanding on TCP/IP, internet routing, proxies, etc)
- Good understanding and experience with linux systems (i.e. proficient with admin tools, netstat, tcpdump, ethtool, etc)
- Working understanding of TCP, UDP, TLS, DNS, Forward and Transparent proxies
- Detailed knowledge of the HTTP and TLS protocols
- Experience with building complex high concurrency software systems
- Ability to work independently
- Upper intermediate or higher English proficiency
Areas of work
- Writing and maintaining layer 4 and layer 7 proxies / routing daemons
- EncryptedClientHello (ECH) implementation in the context of an anycast DNS+transparent proxy network
- Privacy conscious ways of mitigating customer abuse
- Building tools for bringing up and maintaining large amounts of SSH/VPN tunnels
- Researching and implementing novel ways of bypassing restrictive firewalls
Nice to have:
- Experience writing high speed parsers and servers
- Advanced knowledge of C and/or Rust
- Completely remote work
- Really flexible schedule, but the presence of evening meetings (2 times a week at 20.00-21.00 Kiev)
- The salary is above the market.
- Social package: 20 days of paid leave, paid sick leave. Public holidays are days off.
Working on a successful product with a multi-million audience.
The ability to influence the product, implement your ideas.
If you are interested in hacking, computer security, data protection - you will learn a lot.
Lack of bureaucracy.
- Introductory call with light technical questions - up to 40 minutes.
- Code challenge - 2-4 hours (if you have code examples, you can skip it).
- Technical interview with CTO and Tech lead with more detailed technical questions - 1-1.5 hours.